Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday #1-Cress (Lunar Chronicles #3)

WoW_v131019
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine,
which spotlights upcoming releases that we’re eagerly anticipating!
Hello! This is my first Waiting on Wednesday post. This week we have:
13206828
Cress (Lunar Chronicles #3)
Written by: Marissa Meyer
Publisher: Feiwel & Friends
Release date: February 4, 2014
Pages: 560
Genres: YA, Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Dystopia, Paranormal, Romance, Fairy Tales, Retellings
Rapunzel’s tower is a satellite. She can’t let down her hair—or her guard.

In this third book in the bestselling Lunar Chronicles series, Cinder and Captain Thorne are fugitives on the run, with Scarlet and Wolf in tow. Together, they’re plotting to overthrow Queen Levana and her army.

Their best hope lies with Cress, who has been trapped on a satellite since childhood with only her netscreens as company. All that screen time has made Cress an excellent hacker—unfortunately, she’s just received orders from Levana to track down Cinder and her handsome accomplice.

When a daring rescue goes awry, the group is separated. Cress finally has her freedom, but it comes at a high price. Meanwhile, Queen Levana will let nothing stop her marriage to Emperor Kai. Cress, Scarlet, and Cinder may not have signed up to save the world, but they may be the only ones who can.
Summaries for Cinder (book 1) and Scarlet (book 2). I haven't done reviews for either of these-yet, but they may come soon.
WhyImWaiting_v2
The Lunar Chronicles is the dystopian retelling of various fairytales. I read the first book, Cinder a month or two after it come out. This was after get much praise, win the Goodreads 2012 Choice Award and see a friend so engrossed in it she didn't hear me speaking. So, I decided to pick it up.  Cinder was absolutely amazing! I could put all the reasons why, but then it would be a review, so you can find out those reason when I do said review soon. (possibly tomorrow...no promises on anything) Scarlet, the second book came out in early 2013, around February or March. I was instantly hooked (again!). I had the opportunity to read Scarlet only a few days after it came out and instantly wanted the next one. I have been waiting almost a year now and I am just so excited, I CAN NOT WAIT! Marissa Meyer is an amazing author and I will read anything she writes.
That's it for today, check back tomorrow for a possible review, or subscribe by my new follow by email option, which notifies you by email every time I post something new!
--Black&Lime


2 comments:

  1. This is my first time participating in WoW too! The wait for Cress is excruciating...just a few more weeks :) Good luck with your new blog! ~Megan
    http://wp.me/pzUn5-1NN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'd say god luck to you too but you don't seem to need it, you've gotten a pretty good handle on things. Avalon sounds promising, I'm definitely adding it to goodreads!

      Delete